Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Recap

I am a little sad that this January hasn't been as productive in reading as some of the other years. Typically, I get terribly excited with all the best of lists and end up reading a ton in January. I still got excited about the lists this year, but I guess a few largish books are keeping my total count low. Really it's only an accounting problem since I am enjoying myself otherwise.

I finished three books in January:

  1. Wool by Hugh Howley
  2. Dot Complicated by Randi Zuckerberg
  3. 1001 Nights of Snowfall by Bill Willingham
My favorite book was definitely Wool. It has the feel of a book that I'll be recommending to people in the months to come. And I'll probably return to the universe once I get through all the other books I am really excited about and that are waiting for me.

I am currently reading The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. I am about half way through it, but it's best characterized as a chunkster, so it might take me more time to finish. I have a feeling it'll make for an entertaining review though.

Well, I am off to nurse my aching calves -- so very sore from skiing, but it was fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment