Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Recap

I finished September with three fairly meaty books read and feeling happy about my reading this month. Two of the three books I read were historical fiction which is not something I read all the time, but I enjoyed both of them (though for different reasons).

Here are the books I've read:

  1. How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny
  2. The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnett
  3. The Last of the Wine by Mary Renault
It's hard for me to pick a favorite book this month since How the Light Gets In was a very satisfying book, concluding the story arch started in the previous novels. On the other hand The Last of the Wine was very fresh in setting and enjoyable as well, so they pretty much tie. It's been a fun month of reading, I hope I won't get derailed next month with all the shows coming back in the fall.

I just keep picking up new shows and catching up with them and then continuing with steady-state watching. This fall, I am watching Castle, Bones, New Girl, Modern Family, Blue Bloods, The Good Wife, How I Met Your Mother, White Collar, and Top Chef Masters. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment